Saturday, May 29, 2010

Since this is our last blog I first would like to say that I have enjoyed doing these blogs and each blog that we did was very interesting. I am always up for the challenge and my writing also got better by doing theses blogs. This was a good exercise for me with my writing and I learned a lot about music and culture. The book "Music and Culture" had a lot of information regarding music and the music industry, which I found very interesting. One of my favorite readings was, "It's Easy, but Wrong, to Blame the Music" by Hilary Rosen. It was a very powerful article and this article touched home to me. We as parents need to keep an eye on our children more closely regarding the music they listen to. Music with violence, sex and bad language needs to be controlled. That kind of music need to be censored if played on the radio and I believe very strongly that the music industry needs to help out these parents, as this type of music isn't any good for out children. As we could see I can't stop talking about this topic, as that's how interesting this course was to me and it touched me and my beliefs in a very big way. If I had the choice to do another class with Jennifer I would, because she is a good instructor. She makes her class work interesting and very challenging. She was always there when I needed to talk about an assignment. I also learned how music is a very important part of our lives. In the world we live in today, there is music everywhere. Music effects people lives in many different ways. Each artist brings their own style of music to their fans. There is good music and there is bad music that we don;t want our youths to listen to. This course taught me a lot about music that I didn't even know about. For example, I didn't know about piracy which I feel strongly against, piracy needs to be stopped. If it's possible it could be stopped and the music industry needs to continue to censor, which is the right road to go. We all need to help and reach out to our youths. I also liked the artist these articles talked about, as with David Bowie, Queen Latifah, and Garth Brooks. It made the reading more interesting for me. I also liked reading others people's blogs and replying to them. All the blogs I read I found very interesting and some of them were easy to reply. This class was a challenge for me, especially on my writing. After all these writing assignments, I have to say my writing has gotten a lot better and my spelling had gotten better as well too. This course wasn't all joyful, as I also hit frustration mood. Especially when it came to the research paper, as that was the hardest assignment for me. I had trouble with writing my words, as I hit writers block a lot and I thought that my writers block would never go away. Thanks goes out to my instructor Jennifer for the challenges that she put me through, throughout this whole semester. I knew that I was going to be able to handle the challenge, but I also knew it was not going to be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment