Friday, May 28, 2010

I found this class to be very helpful with my writing, as it was also great practice for me. I want to consider myself a writer one day, as I love to write. Actually my favorite thing to write is poetry, as poetry seems to help me express myself in many different ways. I use a lot of my imagination in my writing and in this class I have found myself doing a lot of writing which I enjoyed, but at the same time I found it to be a challenge. As class continued during the semester the writing became more of a challenge, but I found the subjects we had to write about very interesting. The readings were interesting also, as with the book called "Music and Culture" it really caught my attention. The writing I found the hardest to do was answering a question with ten sentences. I found that assignment very hard for me to do. I don't know why I had so much trouble with that assignment, but that one was so very challenging and it was difficult at times. It even got to the point where it frustrated me. Not only did I found very hard to write ten sentences, but some of the questions were very hard to answer. The sentences seem hard because I couldn't figure out how I was going to answer the question with ten sentences. Did I have enough information in my brain to do that? That was the frustrating part, but I know the one thing that helped my writing skills a lot was the blogs the 500 words. I really enjoyed writing the blogs and the blogs expanded my mind. I found the blogs easy to write and they advanced my writing horizons to another level. I love music as much as I like to write, so I found this course to be very interesting. With the writing of the blogs they helped me with writing the essays and it prepared me towards writing the essays, which the blogs were good practice for me. It helped me with making my thesis stronger and it also helped me make my conclusion of my essays better. I feel my writing even got better on catching the reader's attention. Writing an essay isn't easy and it is always a challenge for me. However, by writing the blogs it help me to prepare towards writing the essays and it also helped me prepare for the challenge of the essay. It also helps me write more powerful statements and sentences. All the writing I did in this course helped me with spelling different words, as I learned new words that I didn't know the meaning of. I feel me writing has actually improved and I have become a better writer. After I finish writing each blog and each essay I was very happy with what I wrote and I was very satisfied with my work. Let me tell you something I never wrote so much in my life in one week. I actually was really surprised within myself and getting all that work done. I actually have to say I met the challenge this course gave me. Thanks for guiding me along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I have to totally agree with you I have learned a lot and definitely enjoyed writing with the blog. I didn’t like music and I still don’t but this has gotten me interested in the fact that there is so much within the music industry that makes you wonder why would some one put their self thru it. But hey its all about the ole’ mighty dollar. It has been a blast reading and commenting on your post so keep up the good work. But you know what confused me the most with the exception of English itself is the fact that having one sentence you know the thesis statement sum up a whole paragraph. I talk to much, how can I have one line I mean a single line sum up everything. But that’s some thing that I will have to keep working on.

    ReplyDelete