Friday, April 23, 2010

Teenagers gave Eminem credit for keeping it real, because they see him both as a rebel raising up against a brutal parent and as the devoted father they never had. It is important to me that lyrics are reality based when an artist sings about the truth it gives the songs more meaning. The music touches the person in a big way that listens to this type of music. These types of music touches their heart and soul and it can make them cry or make them very happy. Sometimes this type of music relates what they might be going through at the time or something they went through in the past. Music throughout my life made a big difference in my life, as sometimes when I needed an answer for the mood I would go through the oldies to help me through it. When I was in love or was broken hearted, Karen Carpenter helped me get through it; music had the answer for me. When I found no one to understand me, I found music to understand me. i have music to thank a lot for getting me through a lot in my life. The oldies, blues, country, and pop made a big difference in my life, as music helped me through rough times and great times. For example, when I was a teenager and I wanted to tell somebody something important and I couldn't find the right words to say, I would turn to the lyrics of a song to help me out and it always helped me. I turned to the lyrics of music because the artist lyrics were realistic and it relates with what I was going through at the time and when I hear those same songs now it takes me back in time. Who says we need pictures to remember our past, music does wonders for us. There are realistic songs that bring back our greatest memories, happy or sad. Realistic songs have touched my life in many ways. I'm so grateful for realistic music and I tend to believe that country music has more realistic music than any other kind of music. Country music artists express their lives and feelings so well. When we listen to their music we could tell it comes way deep down in soul. When we hear their songs, we can't help to put feelings into what they were going through. The country greats I'm referring to are, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lyn, Kenny Rogers, Barbra Mandrel, and Johnny Cash, all of these country greats sing realistic songs, as their very powerful songs. The greatest realistic songs are the love songs or the songs that tell a story. Telling a true story through music makes us think of other people and what they've gone through their lives. It sometimes make us feel that our problems aren't that serious compared to theirs and that is their hope for us. Country music is very powerful realistic music, as it actually makes us fell what they went through by just listening to their lyrics. Realistic music in so many ways touches our heart and soul in so many different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment