Thursday, April 29, 2010

The show I chose to write about in this blog is "Dancing with the Stars". I chose this show, because I enjoy watching it. I find it interesting and exciting, as I like watching the stars trying their best on the dance floor, struggling or being successful. I also like listening to the judge's opinions and comments, which I sometimes find so entertaining. It is so surprising to see a football player doing the cha-cha or the mongo. These entertainers actually actually give it it their all out on the dance floor I have seen some entertainers hurting themselves during their rehearsal time, because they push themselves so hard. The trained dancers that are teamed up with their star have a lot of hard work ahead of them. They need to choose the right routines to catch the judge's interest, as the judges are really hard core and they want to see perfection. The judges want to see the dancers and entertainer connect to life on the dance floor. With connecting in every aspect of their dance and making a strong connection and also their technique has to be right on the money. As the weeks go by and some of the dancers get eliminated and the competition gets harder, the judges also get harder and they look for the littlest mistakes. The one thing I hate about the judging is that they let the television viewers vote. I feel that isn't fair, because I feel the viewer's vote as with whom they like as a star not the way they dance and that sometimes hurts the real good dancers and we end up seeing the good dancers get cut. Where I feel it should be judged by how well they danced not by how popular they are. I think that is only fair, as I've seen a lot of couples get eliminated that were real good dancers. I feel it's not a fair competition when they let the fans vote, as it should only be left up to the judges. Another part of "Dancing with the Stars" is when they do their free style dancers. i have seen some real good free-styles. They come out with some kind of dancers and they get the audience going, as they go all out. The free style could either help them or break them. The dancers get to choose the right dance that is going to make them look good in front of those judges and believe me that's hard to do in front of these judges. Theses judges are very hard core, they look for any little mistake that the dancers make, but also when they dance real well, the judges gives them the points they really deserve. When I started watching this show I really got into it and after two routine of dances, I would pick me winner the couple I thought would win it all. Sense the show has aired I've had picked two winners. I believe "Dancing with the Stars" is going to be with us for quite some time, as a lot of people seem to find it entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I did not realize that people took Dancing with the Stars so seriously. I am only kidding. I agree though, It is surprising the kinds of people who actually want to be on the show. Don’t get me wrong Dancing is great; it is ways entertaining and gives us the urge to dance as well. But I mean The types of stars that want to sign up for it. Warren Sapp, Jerry Rice, Steve-O from the show Jackass are only a few of the stars I least expected to want to do the show. Warren Sapp a 250+ foot ball player is not exactly the ideal person who should be twisting and turning, the same goes for Steve-O. I cannot say the same for Jerry Rice because he actually won the show. I do not know what it is, that is keeping this show going. Maybe it is the gorgeous girl dancers or the outrageous comments from Bruno Tonioli. Whatever it is, I agree with you 100% that this show is going to be around for a very long time and will keep drawing new fans. If that show interests you I hope you are a fan of “So You Think You Can Dance” the talent and routines on there are amazing.

    ReplyDelete